Ahrex Flexi Stripper Line Basket
The name ‘Ahrex’ stands for high-quality hooks for Salmon, Sea Trout, Pike, Trout, and many other target fish. The fact that the minds behind the Danish company can not only develop good hooks has been proven by the Ahrex Flexi Stripper line basket.
The Ahrex Flexi Stripper (originally designed by Bjarne Fries) is a very light and minimalist line basket that can be used in a variety of ways. Both on the coast and during the stalk for Pike, the shooting line or running line can be neatly held, is completely comfortable to wear, and is very functional. The line basket is characterized by 29 flexible, thin pins. These flexible pins catch your line very well due to their length and thin diameter, which also allow the line to shoot from the basket with ease. The second special feature of the Flexi Stripper is its open shape. In contrast to the typical tubs, allowing deeper wading without collecting water in the basket.
The Ahrex Flexi Stripper line basket is fixed by means of an elastic and adjustable belt made of sturdy neoprene. The basket can be worn both in front of the stomach and on the side of the hip and can be moved easily. If required, the line basket can also be attached to the belt on your waders. Without the belt. It weighs only about 135 grams. Overall, a very interesting alternative to the proven models on the market and a recommendation for those who do not fancy the classic ‘tub’ and want to save weight.
- Line basket with open design prevents water collection and aids shooting line with ease
- 29 thin, long, flexible pins for catching line
- Adjustable neoprene belt
- Weight without Belt: 135g
- Weight with Belt: 260g
- Color: Black/Blue with Clear or Red pegs
Assembly of the Ahrex Flexi Stripper cord basket
The base plate itself is supplied without any pins installed. However, the assembly of the Ahrex Flexi Stripper is very simple and quick and is done in three steps:
- Adjust the length of the neoprene belt and feed it through the two rectangular holes on the flexi stripper.
- Using a sharp utility knife, cut the flexible pins from the plastic strip at the base – or carefully loosen them by hand.
- Insert the flexible pins through the base from below and push up until the butt end touches the plate. In case a pin needs to be